Originally posted on May 19, 2012
It’s almost here! Soooo close! I’m done writing Innocent Bystander and have been in the editing/revision phase for about a week. It should be available exclusively on Amazon sometime next week. Some things I want to share with you:
- I will be debuting a new cover art scheme. This will be the third change, but I think I will stick with this final one. I really like the heart covers, because you know the number in the series and you can identify it immediately as a Nicki book, but some people (especially my partner) have advised me that they don’t look “professional” enough. So back to the drawing board! If you’d like me to let you know the link when the book is available to purchase, just send me an email (my email address is inside all my books).
- This Nicki book is over 92,000 words. Just to give you an idea of how that compares to past Nicki books, most of them are about 40,000 words (give or take). I wasn’t kidding when I told you this one is the biggest yet. In fact, I’m teasing it in the description as “The longest Nicki book is also the sexiest!” (More about “sexiest” in a moment.) Readers have told me they often feel like the books end too soon, that they want more. I hope this satisfies that craving, especially since you’ve had to wait longer than usual for this book. I plan to debut the price at 99 cents, but I think I might increase it to $1.99 after a month or so. What do you folks think about that? Are you for or against that?
- Sexiest…without giving too much away, let me just say Nicki has more encounters than ever before in this book. Some of them are fun; some reveal her emotional state of mind; and I dare say one will leave you freaking out (because it involves a character you already know well) and…well, I deleted what I’d originally written in this spot, because it gives too much away!
- Nicki plunges back into danger in this book. She gets herself in a couple of tight spots. Fortunately, she’s tough and you’ll get to see her maneuver through!
- Nicki’s whole life turns upside down. You already know that having read the teaser. Some of it’s bad, but some of it’s good…for now, at least. By the end of the book, she realizes she’s wound up in a great position.
- I promise you this: What happens in this book has been a long time coming and it has been teased over and over and over in all the Nicki books. I cannot wait to know what you all think, but I don’t want to spoil it by talking too much.
Take care, friends! I look forward to hearing your reactions to the latest Nicki installment!
P.S. Quick update. It’s here: Innocent Bystander: A Nicki Sosebee Novel
jackie mcree says:
May 27, 2012 at 12:28 pm
I have read all your books I love them. Just got done reading Innocent Bystander got it last night on 5/26/12 and just got done with it today. Yes it was along time coming but know I’m torn between Sean and Jessie.
- Jade says:
May 27, 2012 at 1:47 pm
Thanks!!! I can’t choose between them either and I honestly don’t know who Nicki will end up with in the end. I know what’s going to happen in the next few books, but beyond that? Let’s just say there’s lots more story yet, and even I don’t know what’s going to happen in the long run. I’ve always loved writing, but I have to say Nicki has been pure joy to write about.
Thanks again for your comments. I’m currently writing the next Nicki adventure, Blind, and another story called Old House. I hope to have both out before the end of the summer.
July 8, 2012 at 11:55 am
I have all your books on my barns & nobles nook,. But not Innocent Bystander do you know when it might be avaiable for the b&n nook.. love all your books your are a great author..thank you for making reading injoyable!!!!!!!
- Jade says:
July 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm
Thanks so much! I love writing! Innocent Bystander will be available on Barnes & Noble the last week of August but if you just can’t wait, it’s available on Amazon for the Kindle right now. (That same week I will also release another book for B&N called MADversary, so if you ARE patient, you will be rewarded greatly!) Thanks for stopping by and don’t be a stranger! 🙂