- Who we are:
- Information we collect:
Information you provide: We collect information so as to be able to provide our services in an effective way and to provide you with a valuable experience possible. Some of this information is provided by you for example when you fill in an online contact or subscription form, when you contact us for support via the site or social media, when you purchase books on or through the site, when you post content or comments on public areas of the site or when you sign up and create an account on the site. Personal information we may collect in this way include:
- Social media username.
- Information about the computer, mobile phone or tablet used to access the site including their operating systems.
- Browser data (type, version and language)
- Date and time of visit
- Pages or posts viewed on the site.
- Search terms
- HTTP referrers which linked you to the content on our website.
Third party services and web analytics: We also use third party services that may collect website usage information including for example JetPack, MyBookTable, KingSumo, and Shareholic website plugins. Jetpack helps to monitor traffic to our site, improve security and publish and share content. Shareholic helps us to measure website traffic, share content across social media sites and increase user engagement. We use MyBookTable to create a search-optimized bookstore and help us market and sell books through affiliates sites. KingSumo helps us to grow our email list and give free books and run contests.
- How we use information: We use information we collect about our customers and users for the following main reasons:
- To provide users with access to our content (including improvement and personalization)
- To provide personalized services for our uses and customers.
- To ensure that our services including this website is utilized in accordance with applicable rules and terms and condition.
- To ensure security and comply with applicable laws
- To communicate (including providing feedback, customer support and marketing communication) with our customers or users on the basis of existing user or customer relationship as permitted by law.
- To market our content and services and deliver ads.
- Lawful basis for processing of your information: We rely on a number of lawful grounds to collect and use information for the purposes specified above. These are:
- Consent: We will collect your name and email only on the basis of your consent and for the specific purpose for which collection is necessary.
- Contractual performance: We will collect and use your information so as to perform our services under any legal agreement between you and us including fulfilling any request(s) made by you before entering into such agreement.
- Compliance of Legal Obligation: We will collect, retain or disclose your personal information so as to meet any requirements or obligations imposed on us by applicable law.
- Legitimate Interest: We may use your information to send promotional information (book release news, gift cards, events, updates and book offers) to you as part of legitimate interest to provide our services under any existing customer or user relationship. We may for example collect website usage data in our legitimate interest to understand how users interact with our website and services so as to improve their effectiveness.
- Information sharing and disclosure: Please note that Jade C Jamison does not share or disclose information about you to third parties except with your consent or as otherwise permitted by the law or necessary for us to provide to deliver goods and provide services requested by you. Where we have lawful reason to share information to third parties, Jade C Jamison will take steps to ensure that such third parties comply with personal information protection obligations described in this Policy. Our affiliated third parties shall not have permission to use personal information they receive from us for purposes other than what is stated in this Policy.
Payment information you submit through the site is processed by relevant payment processors and we do not receive or store any such information. We may share information about website usage to our commercial partners including for example our current or potential investors, sponsors and advertisers for the site as well as technical and customer support providers who assist to protect and secure our website and services and who may therefore need access to personal data so as to be able to provide such assistance. We may also have to share your information if we are required to do so in order to:
- comply with legitimate requests from law enforcement agencies or governmental regulatory authorities,
- detect and prevent fraud or illegal use or misuse of our site and services,
- protect the rights of other users of our site and services,
- to enforce our legal rights or defend and protect ourselves from liability.
- Information retention: Jade C Jamison may keep information about you for as long as is required for the provision of services requested by you and subject to applicable law, or as otherwise required for compliance of any legal requirements including, for example, for tax reporting and account purposes. Where we do not have lawful reason to retain your information, we will discard all information which is no longer needed. If collection and use of personal information was based on your consent and that consent is subsequently withdrawn, the data to which consent applies will be erased from our systems. We may also in certain cases erase information whose processing has been objected by you for lawful reasons. To ensure effective compliance of our data protection obligations, Jade C Jamison has adopted a comprehensive Data Retention Policy.
- Protection of your information: To enhance the protection of your personal integrity, we have built in technical organisational security measures so as to prevent combination of online identifiers with personal identifiers in a manner that could reasonably identify you as a natural person. These include anonymization and pseudonymisation of IP-addresses and unique identifiers. We have also adopted technical and administrative measures designed to prevent the inadvertent loss or unauthorised access, acquisition, alteration, destruction or disclosure of personal data. This include the use of
- Your individual rights: Please note that US privacy law does not grant specific data rights as regards access, correction and erasure of personal information we hold about you. If you believe that your personal information held by us is outdated, incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us through email at [email protected] and we will assist to correct or update your information. Customers (and where relevant, users) based in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) have the following data rights in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Access and Control: You have the right to request information concerning the data process about you including the kind and categories of information processed by us, the purposes for which data is processed and any third parties to which your information has been or will be disclosed.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. If the collection and use of personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent any time.
- Rectification: You also have the right to require the correction of your information if such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right in certain circumstances to demand the erasure of personal information we hold about you including for example where processing is unlawful or where consent to processing is withdrawn.
- Objection to Processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict or object to the processing of personal information. This include objection to the use of personal information for direct marketing or automated profiling purposes
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to restrict processing of your information under certain circumstances including where (i) personal information is inaccurate, (ii) processing is unlawful, or (iii) we no longer need the information.
- Data portability: You have the right to receive from us personal information concerning you which you have provided to us. This is information will be supplied in a structured, machine-readable format. Your right to data portability also includes the right to require us to transmit your information to other data controllers on the basis of your consent.
- Consequences of not Providing Information: Please note that if you do not provide information necessary to obtain access to our services or content, you may be prevented from using or accessing specific services or functionality of our website.
- Links to other websites: This website features links to third party websites including for example Amazon, iBooks, Goodreads, Kobo, Nook and Google Play, CreateSpace, Books A Million and SmashWords. Please note that we do not own or control these websites. We are only providing them to make it easy for you to purchase books. Our inclusion of the links is not an endorsement of those websites’ security, reliability or availability. We advise you to take precaution when clicking on any linked provided hereon and when providing personal and financial information on the linked websites. We do not accept responsibility surrounding information collection and use practices by third party websites linked form this website.
- Amazon affiliate disclosure: Jade C Jamison participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program intended to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com.
- Contact us : For any questions, complaints or requests surrounding this Policy or the way we process personal information, please contact us through the following address:
Jade C. Jamison,
P.O. Box 1863
Canon City, Colorado, USA.