One of my readers wrote me an email last week and asked me to keep these lists coming–because, for those of you who discovered rockstar romance before now, this is a trip down memory lane (I know it has been for me!). For those of you new to the genre, I hope you’re finding a few new reads (perhaps even a library full!).
By 2015, I myself had partially published three rock star romance series and a couple of standalones but I tackled a trilogy during that year that I’d been wanting to write for a while. It’s still being discovered (yay!), but it had a few things going against it at the time. First, my designer (my hubby!) wanted to experiment with the cover designs, and I was all for it. I loved the design but now, in retrospect, I realize there was no identifying my book genre when looking at them. They were so artistic and I loved that about them, but readers avoided the books because they didn’t know upon first glance that they were rock star romance–or even romance. And, perhaps, I wasn’t clear in the first few chapters of the book, either. Since then, I’ve lost a good chunk of the first part of the first book (and maybe someday I’ll share those deleted chapters here for posterity) and I’ve rewritten the prologue to make sure readers know it’s a romance novel upon first glance.
But 2015 wasn’t just about me–it was about this hot subgenre of romance novels. So let’s take a look, shall we? What were some of the new releases of rockstar romance back in 2015? Let’s take another trip backward in time, shall we?
- Slash and Burn (Bullet), Jade C. Jamison
- Thoughtful (Thoughtless #4), S. C. Stephens
- Amplify (ROCKSTAR #3), Anne Mercier
- A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars #1), A.L. Jackson
- Vandal (Ashes & Embers #2), Carian Cole
- Days of Joy and Sorrow (Ever Mine Trilogy #2), Louise Schoular
- Rock (Hard Rock Harlots #4), Kendall Grey
- Deep (Stage Dive #4), Kylie Scott
- Tragic Soul, Bella Jeanisse
- Gone for You (Sixth Street Band #1), Jayne Frost
- Meant for Me (The Rock Gods #5), Ann Lister
- Wicked White (Wicked #1), Michelle A. Valentine
- The Rocker Who Hates Me (The Rocker #10), Terri Anne Browning
- On the Run (Vagabonds #1), Jade C. Jamison
- Memphis Black (Rockers of Steel #1), MJ Fields
- Fighting His Fire (The Rock Gods #6), Ann Lister
- Broken Without Her (Sand & Fog #1), Susan Ward
- Rock Redemption (Rock Kiss #3), Nalini Singh
- On the Rocks (Vagabonds #3), Jade C. Jamison
- The Rocker Who Betrays Me (The Rocker #11), Terri Anne Browning
- Treat Me (One Night with Sole Regret #8), Olivia Cunning
- Untamed (Thoughtless #5), S. C. Stephens
- Ballad (ROCKSTAR #5), Anne Mercier
- Finn Beckett (Rockers of Steel #2), MJ Fields
- Talon (Ashes & Embers #4), Carian Cole
I can’t keep up anymore, and it’s possible you can’t, either! I’m sure I’m missing some biggies on this list. I’d love to know how many rockstar romance books are published each month or year on Amazon–but I’d guess over one hundred a month or more. There are new ones all the time, but I’m still going to chronicle what I can.
You can help me. If you notice an egregious miss on this or any of my lists, please let me know (I already see where I’ve missed some so I’m hoping to go back later and update the ones I know I’ve missed–but we’ll see). This has turned out to be a far bigger task than I imagined–but that’s also why it’s fun. The explosion of rock star books is easy to see when I’ve mapped it out this way.
Another way you can help–if you notice a broken link or if I’ve incorrectly linked to a book, please let me know. I don’t want to ruin your fun with incorrect links! 🙂
Needless to say, I think I can say with certainty that rock star romance is here to stay. Which stories here do you need to read?
UPDATE (9/21): You might check back once in a while, because I’m adding books when readers clue me in to ones I’ve missed!